Living For The City

    Here in New York we are going through an awkward phase called the transition. That’s when it’s freezing cold one day then temperatur...

Living For The City
    Here in New York we are going through an awkward phase called the transition. That’s when it’s freezing cold one day then temperature is low enough to wear layers but high enough for it not to be a full on winter puffer jacket the next. One day there would a light amount of flurries coming down which ends up covering all of the sidewalk then beautiful blue skies with the sunshine peaking behind various clouds the next day. Needless to say sometimes its pretty hard to figure out what to wear these days. BUT in celebration of the transition and that we are finally leaving Winter behind I came up with a look that I would much rather be wearing then a winter coat and boots.

This set features light and easy colors for the transition grounded by a gorgeous pair of dark denim washed jeans. The perfect city look for this born and raised Miami babe.

Real Talk: Beyond this point are thoughts to myself. Feel free to read on or move on.

     Today I vow to stop living for the city and to start living for myself. I have an immediate response to most situations called a censor. Don’t get me wrong everyone should know a time and a place to say and do certain things but I take it too far. I tend to care waaaaay too much about what people think of me and how they’re going to feel in the long run. That keeps me from speaking my mind and dancing freely like no ones watching. When you live in a world where culture makes you second guess everything you do you slowly start to lose yourself. You grow a filtered callous of the world and people see you but don’t know you. What if I didn’t give two fucks? What if I just showed you who I really was? Starting today I am going to peel back the layers of the world because I want to see who I AM.  Fear normally censors me but FEAR is no longer in my reality.

If He is with me who can be against me? I am made in His image. I am designed by the mind of the most high and created by the hands of the divine. I got this. We got this. You’ve got this.

Thank you Lord for being with me today. Father guild me to be who I am created to be. I pray to overcome fear in all areas of my life that it may show up in today. Amen.

Remember you never have to feel alone because Jesus is always with you. Just chat Him up!
-A
Living For The City by hopelaw featuring a watercolor painting

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images

Labels