Soaring dreams

Dreams soar on the clouds of time. Unattainable to most, except to the ones willing to fly to uncharted altitudes.      Sometimes I th...

Dreams soar on the clouds of time. Unattainable to most, except to the ones willing to fly to uncharted altitudes.

     Sometimes I think I'm pretty great. Other times I compare my life to others greatness and think "What will I be great in?" Don't get me wrong, I know the talent in art I have. I also know that there are people that can't even imagine drawing the things that I draw. Unfortunately, insecurity and fear come into play and what I know to be true of myself can seem like such a faint noise in the surrounding sounds of life.

     It's a new year! 2018 is here. I can't change the world in a day but I can change myself. 

     I decided to start working on me personally and how I think of myself. So below I've written five things that I'm going to try and work on daily. Hopefully, this will give me the momentum, motivation, and inspiration to actually do something great. With any luck, this will also do the same for you!

1. See me through the eyes of God

I want to see the joy and beauty He sees when He looks at me. I want to see why he loves me. In order for me to accomplish this, I definitely need to jump into his word and read it daily. I am human and I forget! I forget how much I'm loved and valued. I forget how precious I am. I forget how much Jesus fought to save my life. Reading daily will help me remember and reset my thoughts. Not only for my perception of myself but for my perception of others as well. As people like to say your thoughts become your words and your words become your actions. Simple as that.

2. I want to be intentional

I want to be intentional in the art that I make and in the people that I love. I want to be intentional in the choices that I make. I want to be intentional in being the person that people come in contact with. I want to be in control of the person that people meet and get to know. Conscious of who I am. Now I know I can't control people's perception of me but I can control how I perceive myself.

3. I would like to be more open

Now that's a broad statement to make but I simply want to be open and free to spontaneity. To different opportunities that may pass in my life. For example, I want to be open-minded about a simple book suggestion that maybe I would not have acquired on my own. Or I want to go on an adventure and jump out of a plane with some close friends. I don't want to be so safe and cautious anymore. Risk is where greatness is formed.

4. I'd love to establish more confidence 

Over the last few years, my confidence and self-esteem have slowly dwindled. Though that is slightly sad to admit it is something that everyone goes through at some point. I know that with some hard work and dedication, self-love and prayer I am going to get back to being me. There was a time that I remember I didn't self check myself every 5 minutes and over-think my thought process, and the things that I did, and said. There was a time when I didn't care what people thought, seriously. As my life went on I did. It's horrible to care about people's thoughts about you. Sometimes their overly opinionated suggestions can be useful. However, I want to be able to decipher my own opinions and likes and dislikes and beliefs. Whether they are about me, my choices, or my beliefs. 
5. I want to be content and joyous 

Happiness means everything to me. I want to be joyful in the things that I go through in life and what I do. I may not always be in a position that I choose but I want to be able to enjoy those situations and those trials. There's always something good in it whether I believe it at that moment or not. There are always lessons that are seeds to help me grow. 

I haven't written in such a long time and I must say it feels good to be back. Love you all! Thank you for checking out my blog.

Remember, you never have to feel alone because Jesus is always with you. Just chat him up!

Love,
A

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images